Disclaimer

The ideas and views expressed in the blog are mine and do not reflect the ideas and views of WorldTeach.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wotje!

So I've finally made it to Wotje!
My host family is amazing. They've really been so generous with everything so this morning I decided to repay them by making Mickey Mouse pancakes. What could say "thank you" better than eating a Disney character?
The family lives right near the airport and they are super westernized. They have a washing machine! I know I'm going to get a lot of hate mail from my fellow volunteers for that one. I brought some DVDs for the family so they've been working their way through my tiny collection and they love the movie Penelope. My host mom keeps asking me if I have Bring it On so my friend Kathleen is going to try to get it from Majuro this week. I love them all, they've been teaching me Marshallese and they say my grammar is really good. I don't know about all that, but I'll take the compliments as I get em.
I have two host brothers and my host sister is Marlynn. They are all amazing and they all play the guitar so they're currently teaching me how to play Happy Birthday. Hopefully I'll progress past that, to some other songs, but if that's all I get, I'll be happy.
School has yet to starts, my principal and the rest of the teachers are still stuck on Majuro. My school is brand new though. They're just finishing construction on it and it looks pretty sweet. Fans and everything.
Hope that updated you all a little bit, trying to save my internet minutes so next time I'll write a little more. Love you all and talk to you soon! (I'll send out emails on Sunday)
PS I got bit by a poisonous centipede. Good thing it was only a baby but it still stung like a *bleep*.

1 comment:

  1. Hell yeah! You made it! Hooray!!!! Your books are going out today, but it sounds like you won't have much time to read between guitar lessons, language lessons, and chillin on the beach! - Sam

    ReplyDelete