Disclaimer

The ideas and views expressed in the blog are mine and do not reflect the ideas and views of WorldTeach.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A short jambo to the small island



It was my baba's birthday party/picnic on Saturday and we went to a small island with everyone even remotely related to him and had a picnic. It was amazing. Potato salad, quarter legs, breadfruit, some delish chocolate cake I made him...all of it was perfect. We also decided to pick up Kathleen and her and I went snorkeling and saw some beautifully colored coral and the cutest little yellow fish ever. No sharks yet though. I breathe a sigh of relief whereas Kathleen is frustrated.
On the ride home, it was night time and let me get semi-poetic for a minute. Imagine, cruising along in a boat, there are little glowing fish underneath you, all the stars in the sky above you, and skipping along beside the boat, hoards of flying fish. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've seen since I've been here. Wow. I know this place is difficult and like all nations, has it's problems, but the sheer natural beauty of living in a place like this is amazing.
For Kathleen's Mama: She was having a rough time for awhile, she had a sinus infection, but she got her mail and her glasses and I think she'll be feeling better the next time I see her. I think the snorkeling helped too.
PS the baby turtle in the picture got eaten. Sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment